About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
Hi I'm Elizabeth, if you don't already know me. I made this blog for some fun and because sometimes weekends and holidays are too long, but most importantly so you can exclusively take a sneek peek into my mind (and not in a gross anatomical way).

Share This

Butterflies

Here is my email if you want to contact me or just talk.
bethie_morrell@hotmail.com

Affiliates

The BookDepository

Followers

Friday, January 8, 2010

And the Countdown begins

Okay you know when you are having a wonderful time just enjoying doing nothing and a scary thought pops up in your head? Well I had one of those moments yesterday when I was playing my new wii game, Guitar Hero 5. I had saved up all year in hope of purchasing an iPod Touch but unfortunely when my uncle died, my mum stopped giving my sister and I money so I knew I would never save up enough but when I bashed my money tin open I didn't expect the amount in there. There was $102.90 in there. My mum gave me 10c to even it up and I had $50 in christmas money so technically it was the most money I'd ever had to spend on only me and the first thing I wanted to buy was Guitar Hero so I did. Did you know that it really hurts your wrist to play it for longer then half an hour? Where was I? Oh yeah, when I was playing yesterday I thought of something that literally sent shivers down my spine. School starts in 20 DAYS!!!! When I say school I mean returning to the place that I hardly went last year but amazingly still passed 9th grade. But even scarier then actually returning is that I'm starting grade 10, SENIOR SCHOOL! Just thinking about it makes me feel cold. This was the main topic that centered in the major conversation I had with my mum and sister. We talked for like 2 hours about school in general so like electives for 11th grade and how much effort we were going to put into our work. Of course we answered with the generic reply of 'All of our effort and time.' but this time I wasn't just saying it. I was going to put in all I could without relapsing (get sick again) because that would be catastrophic in my case because I lost grade 9 to my health and I am not losing any year in senoir school because every I do from now on will be counting towards my still unknown future. Everyday gets closer to that first day back which actually happens to my mum's birthday. My younger brother will be moving from his state school to my school which is going to be a good oppotunity for him to learn and make friends. But the best thing about him coming to my school is that my mum feels more comfortable driving him to school so I won't have to catch the bus so often which is great for me because there are people on the bus I geniunely hate (AKA my ex.). But I do have one friend who catches and he would probably be a bit lonely but I think he can cope with it. More importantly I hope my brother actually takes the advantage of having the opportunity to succeed and move forward and not just waste my mum's time and effort it took to get him into the school and that isn't even mentioning the money about to be spent on his uniforms and tution. Well I hope all turns out well. I guess if I stop thinking the worst and think of happier things then bad thing won't happen but going back to school is inevietiable. Ok, on the lighter side of things, here is the picture of the day.

I am not racist and if anyone was offended by this then I'm sorry. I was just trying to have a laugh. :)
PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP AND IN THE NICEST WAY POSSIBLE, FOLLOW ME!!
I will appreciate this very much.


0 comments: